Senior lawyer and attorney at law
Abbas Poorhashemi is an assistant Professor and faculty member at Tehran University of Science and Research (IAU) since 2006. He teaches international law, international environmental law, international treaties, settlement of international disputes (including arbitration)… to J.D. and/or international LL.M. students. He has been a supervisor, director and co-director of more than 150 dissertations and thesis of environmental law. Furthermore, he has practiced law as an international lawyer and legal advisor in many countries. He is a member of the Center for the Study of International Law and Globalization (CEDIM) of University of Québec in Montréal (UQAM) Canada. Dr. Poorhashemi is the President of the Canadian Institute for International Law Expertise (CIFILE).
Membership — The Iranian Judiciary Bar (2008), International Bar Association (2010), The Iranian Society of Environmentalists (2007), Member of the Scientific Council in Azad University of Tehran, Iran (2006), Centre de Recherches et d’études sur les droits de l’Homme et le droit humanitaire, CREDHO-Paris University, France (2006), Member of the judging committee of the National Conference on World Environment Day (2015), Member of the Scientific Committee of the National Conference of Geography, Planning and Sustainable Development (2013), Associate Researcher of the Center for the Study of International Law and Globalization (CEDIM) of University of Québec in Montréal (UQAM), Canada (2012)
As the business of our clients becomes more and more complex, it demands a proficient understanding of the global business environment.
Books and Publications
- Caspian Sea in International Environmental Law: Multidisciplinary Approach, Presses Académiques Francophones, Germany, 2012, ISBN-10: 3838170881, 684 p.
- Public International Law, (with Azam Parandeh Motlagh), Tehran, Nashr Dadgostar, 2016, 323 p.
- International Environnemental Law, (with Bahareh Arghand), Tehran, Nashr Dadgostar, 2013, 293 p.
- Collection of citizen rights and duties in Iran, Tehran, Publication office of the Vice President for Legal Affairs, 2010, 426 p.
- Art of the prison: legal punishment or sanctions?, Tehran, the judiciary Publications Centre, 2003 p .215.
Collection of International Law and Regulations, Tehran, MAJD publisher, 2001. ISBN: 964-6153-48-8. 392 p.
Whether in aviation, sales and distribution, antitrust, corporate and M&A, finance, employment, energy, IP, litigation, TMT, real estate, or any other area of law, our clients can expect excellence and commitment to their objectives.
Note: Helping Bulgarian and foreign companies to fulfill their investment projects and commercial activity in Bulgaria has been our focus since the establishment of the law firm in 1996. When leading companies venture into the Bulgarian market, we help them understand what to expect and advise them on the best techniques to protect their interests. Our highest priority is to deliver the best of ANG boutique practice with every engagement.
- Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi; Peiman Namamian; Sobhan Tayebi, “Environmental Terrorism Criminalization; Challenges, Norms and Strategies”, Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, Volume 17, Issue 1, spring 2015, Page 167-182.
- Zarei, S. A. Poorhashemi, M. Pournouri, “A deliberation on recent legal cases and judgments of the International Court of Justice on environmental disputes” International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, June 2015,
- Jambozorg, M. Pournouri, S. A. Poorhashemi, D. Hermidasbavand, “Challenges ahead of codification of environmental crime indices as an international crime”, International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, June 2015
- Poorhashemi, Sayed Abbas, Tayyibi, Sobhan and Naderi, Shima, “Litigation and International Responsibility: instruments deal with the lack of performing commitments concerning climate change” Journal of Humans and the Environment, Volume 13, Number 4 , 2015
- Seyed Abbas Poor Hashemi; Loabat Taghavi; Azam Parande Motlagh, “Utilization of renewable energy resources in European Union’s legal system”, Journal of Human and Environment, Volume 12, Issue 3, summer 2014, Page 37-44.
- Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi , Yalda Khalatbari , Sahar Zarei, “ Genealogy of International Environmental Law”, Journal of Middle East Applied Science and Technology (JMEAST), Issue 13(4) [Supplementary Part IV], September 2014, pp. 952-957
- Jafar Nouri; Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi; Reza Arjmandi; Fatemeh Alimardani
“Positioning waste management laws in comparison with France’s laws and utilizing the Strategic Position and Action Evaluation (SPACE) matrix”, Volume 16, Issue 2, summer 2014. Page 111-128
- Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi, Sahar Zarei, Yalda Khalatbari, “The Cooperation Principle in International Environmental Law”, Journal of Public Law, Vol.15 no39, spring & summer 2013,
- Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi, Atieh Ekrami, “Studies on the legal challenges of the Tehran Convention on the protection of the environment of the Caspian sea”, Journal of Strategic Research, Scientific Research Center, No. 69, p 65, 2013. (http://www.csr.ir/center.aspx?lng=fa&abtid=08¢id=41&semid=571)
- Azadbakht Bita, Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi, Sadegh Zibakalam, Davoud Hermidas Bavand, “Legal Protection of the Environment in Armed Conflicts with Emphasis on the Second Gulf War”, International Quarterly of Geopolitics, Volume 23, 2013.
- Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi, Faramarz Moattar, Hossein Borzouei, Hamid Borzouei, “The Role of International Environmental Laws and Regulations in Peaceful Use of Nuclear Energy”, Scholars Research Library Annals of Biological Research, 2013, 4 (1):22-28
- Azadbakht, B. , Poorhashemi, S.A. , Zibakalam, S. , Bavand, D.H., “Legal Protection of the Environment in Armed Conflicts with Emphasis on the Second Gulf War”, Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research, 3(5)175-184, 2013
- Behnoush Khoshmanesh zadeh, Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi , Mohammad Soltanieh , Davoud Hermidas Bavand, “Studying climate change impacts and consequences on global security”, E3 Journal of Environmental Research and Management Vol. 3(2). pp. 044-051, March, 2012
- Poorhashemi, Seyed Abbas, Vahdnavan, Aref, Bazeghi, Nazanin, “Media impact of student movement of the 60s on the formation of the Stockholm Conference 1972 on humans and environment”, Journal of media studies, scientific-research, spring 2012, p. 37 to 44.
- S. A. Poorhashemi, B. Khoshmaneshzadeh, M. Soltanieh & D. Hermidasbavand, “Analyzing the individual and social rights condition of climate refugees from the international environmental law perspective”, International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, ISSN 1735-1472, January 2012, Volume 9, Issue 1, pp 57-67
- Farhad Dabiri, Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi, Farnaz Saeid Ershadi, “Analyzing of Section II of the Agenda 21 and Its Role on Development of Environmental Law in Iran”, Journal of Environmental Science and Technology , Volume 14, Issue 3, autumn 2012, Page 95-87.
- Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi, “Difference between human rights and civil rights”, Pegah, 2011, 308, p. 16
- N. Nouri ; S.A. Poorhashemi; S.M. Monavari; F. Dabiri; A.H. Hassani, “Legal Criteria and Executive Standards of Solid Waste Disposal Subjected to Solid Waste Management Act” International Journal of Environmental Research, Volume 5, Number 4, Page 971-980 (10), September 2011
- Seyed Abbas Poorhashem, Maryam Mousavi, “International responsibility of the States in environmental law” Journal of Law and Politics, spring & summer 2011, No. 15, page 75-92.
- Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi, Ali Faghih Habibi, “Study on the possibility of demanding environmental damage from the International Court of Justice for Iran-Iraq war “, Journal of Political and International Research – Scientific-Research, winter 2011, Vol. 3, No. 9, page 65 page 71.
- Dabiri Farhad, Poorhashemi, Seyed Abbas, Mousavi, Maryam “Study on Compensation for Environmental Damage as a Result of Transboundary Pollution and International Environmental Degradation”, Journal of human health and environment, No. 23, spring 2010, Pages 43-50
- Poorhashemi, Sayed Abbas, Taghavi, Lobat, Khalatbari Yalda, Zareie Sahar, “Air pollution in Tehran and the right of citizens to a healthy environment”, Journal of Legal Studies, No. 18, winter 2010, p. 175
- Farhad Dabiri, Taghi Ebadi, Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi, Niloofar Manoochehri,
“Study of Legal Aspects to present and execute POPs convention in Iran in order to submit legal framework to control persistent Organic Pollutants”, Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, Volume 12, Issue 2, summer 2010, Page 133-144
- Dabiri Farhad, Poorhashem, Seyed Abbas, Moattar, Faramarz, Borzouei, Hussein, “The right to peaceful use of nuclear energy from the perspective of environmental law”, Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 2009, No. 4, pp. 515-522
- Farhad Dabiri, Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi, Fakhrozoha Roosta, “ Sustainable development in the concepts and principles of international environmental law”, Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, Volume 11, Issue 3, winter 2009, Page 231-225.
- S. A. Poorhashemi, ” Collective security in international law, case study : Persian Gulf” Institute for Political & International Studies, The 17th International Conference on the Persian Gulf “Persian Gulf Security and International Law” ۲۸-۲۹ May 2007, Tehran (http://www.ipis.ir/index.php?newsid=376)
- Zare, Ali, Poorhashemi, Seyed Abbas, “New development in the international environment law”, Journal of Law and Politics, 2007, No. 5, p. 101-110
- Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi, “Legal aspects of environmental protection of the Caspian sea”, Jurispedia, The shared law, (2006) available at:
- Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi, “Succession of States in Respect of Treaties, Case Study: Convention on the Caspian Legal Regime”, Journal of Comparative Law, Faculty of Law and Political Science at the University of Tehran, No. 1, p. 151, spring and summer 2006.
- S.A. Poorhashemi, “The legal aspects of environmental protection of the Caspian sea”, Ph.D. thesis, University of Robert Schuman, France, 2005, (http://www.unistra.fr/index.php?id=homepage)
- S.A. Poorhashemi, “Applicable international law to environmental protection of Caspian sea”, France, 2005, accessible on : www.Oboulo.com
- Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi, “The International Criminal Court and the Iranian Law”, legal review of the Iranian Ministry of Justice, No 44, October 2003, p.89.
- A. Poorhashemi, “The Caspian Sea and the local mechanism for the environmental protection”, Pegah expert journal, No 65, 7 September 2002.
- S.A. Poorhashemi, “Modernity and the legal systems”, Pegah expert journal, No 79, 14 December 2002
- S.A. Poorhashemi, “The security council and the collective interests”, Pegah expert journal, No 78, 7 December 2002
- Seyed Abbas Poorhashemi, “Prison as a legal punishment”, Legal review of the Iranian Ministry of Justice, No. 35, summer 2001, p. 21
|۲۰۱۴||– Second congress of agriculture and natural resources, sustainable ways of achieving sustainable development
– Second congress of environment, energy and bio-defense
– ۲۰th Conference of the Environmental National Association of Green Development
– Seminar on climate change and sustainable development in the future
|– A chronology of international environmental law
– Interaction between geopolitics of energy and international law
– Environmental constraints of international law on sustainable development
– Climate change in the Kyoto Protocol 1997 and United Nation Convention on climate change 1992
|۲۰۱۳||– International Conference on the Environment and Persian Gulf geopolitics
– ۲۸th International Conference on Electricity
|– Regional cooperation for ensuring the safety and environmental protection of Persian Gulf
– Comparative Study and inefficient legal aspects of development and application of renewable energy in Iran and some countries
|۲۰۱۲||– First international conference on the environmental crisis and its improvement
– First national conference on environmental law and natural resources, Zagros
|Legal study of hospital waste management in Iran and India
– The rule of “Sovereignty” principle in international environmental law in order to protect the environment and natural resources
|۲۰۱۱||First national conference of new technologies in health sciences, health and the environment, Tehran University of Medical Sciences||Peaceful use of nuclear energy and the legal aspects of environmental protection|
|۲۰۰۹||The Third National Conference on World Environment Day||Mechanisms of dispute settlement in the environmental conventions and treaties|
|۲۰۰۷||International Conference Persian Gulf, IPIS||Collective security in international law, with emphasis on the need to establish a regional organization for Persian Gulf security|
|۲۰۰۵||International congress of the movement of knowledge, software movement and non-governmental thinking||Interaction between power and freedom in legal system|
In conjunction with his vast know-how, our company leverages the robust legal expertise of working in different courts. Sometimes you may find yourself in difficult situations and not be able to defuse the situation without going to court.